Time for another edition of Tuesday Tips with Danielle! This regular feature will highlight some of Danielle's most valuable insights and advice about health, fitness, and overall wellness. Today, we tackle the issue of hydration!
For anyone who has participated in 6 Weeks to Chic or any of our studio challenges, you know that drinking plenty of water is at the top of the priority list. I typically recommend, if you are participating in an active fitness routine, that you take in at least a gallon of water per day. It sounds so extreme but it is so very important! Our bodies are made up of 60% water (brain is 70% water and lungs nearly 90%). Looking at the numbers alone, why would you want to deprive your body of what it NEEDS? Keeping yourself hydrated will help to eliminate bloating, encourage clear skin, keep joints lubricated, speed up metabolism, and positively affect your mood!
Here are some of my favorite tips to help keep your body hydrated:
- Get yourself a large and convenient water bottle that fits your lifestyle. Some people prefer wide-mouth bottles, some prefer straws. Pick what works best for you and what will guarantee frequent sipping. We have several different options available in the studio!
- Always have a full water bottle at your desk, on your end table, and when you are working out. Make it a habit to take sips throughout the day.
- During classes, always take a moment to rehydrate, even if the instructor doesn't allot time to do so.
- Add fruit to your water to add a little flavor!
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies!
- Try a water tracker app on your phone to help you keep track of how much you've consumed that day! There are lots of free options out there to try.